Build-A-Bear (FB Post)






Two years ago, when Reese turned 3, we took the girls to Build-a-Bear in Destin. We promised we would go, again, the summer when Levi was 3.
We have been talking about this trip to Build-a-Bear for weeks, and we were excited to let Levi get to make one. We knew he would choose a Paw Patrol character. Lily was going to help him stuff it, and Reese was going to show him how to make a wish on the heart. I mean, the reality is that he would have carried it around for ten minutes and then promptly forgotten about it, but Build-a-Bear is really about the experience, so we just had to let him create this memory. Plus, the girls loved each time he was old enough for a new milestone. Lily was his real Mom, and Reese thrived anytime she got to play the role of wise big sister. 
Today was the day, and I was sad. I wasn’t bawling (not even crying) or overwhelmed with grief; I was just simply sad. There were moments of happiness- watching Reese pick up each animal and really debate the merits of pink bear versus rainbow bunny. My mom, dad, brother, and nephew were with us for part of it. My 9 year old daughter still loves stuffed animals, and I am grateful for her lingering childhood that shows no sign of letting up. 
But, when I saw the Paw Patrol animals, my stomach actually dropped. It was the most raw feeling of grief I have experienced, yet. It was so powerful in its simplicity. Of course the night we lost him was devastating, the succeeding days, the visitation, the service. But, now I’m just a mom with two girls in a Build-a-Bear, and my son isn’t with me. He will never have a Build-a-Bear.
Overall, it was perfect for the girls- they chose their animals, stuffed them, made birth certificates. But, when it was time for them to hold the tiny red hearts and make a wish, I almost got physically sick. I KNEW what was coming. I wanted to look away, to give them privacy, but I couldn’t force myself to look away. They squeezed their eyes shut and held the tiny hearts. I saw Lily’s lips mouthing silently: “I wish Levi was with us” as I heard Reese say “I wish my brother was okay.” I want to protect them, to bring him back for THEM. How is this fair for me, as his mom? But, oh, how is it fair for his 5 and 9 year old sisters? 
But, I’m learning that I’m not the only one trying to choose happiness. They have both delighted in their new animals, changing their clothes, bringing them with us to swim. They miss him. Some of their comments and actions over the past week and a half have struck deep into my Mama heart. But, they are resiliency in action; one minute they are wishing on tiny cotton hearts for their brother’s life. In the next minutes, they are trying to decide between a Bear Princess dress or Bear pajamas.
I’ll be honest, though- I’m just glad this day and this step, one of thousands, is over. Breathe in, breathe out.

Comments

  1. Hello, my name is RITA CARMEN and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 12 years. i have been looking for ways online for so long, I first did Depo Provera Shot which i consecutively took every three months in order to get pregnant or fertile, but there was no way from it. I did Depo shot for 3 years constantly until my Doctors in Australia told me to try IVF because I had Endometriosis stage 4 and I resulted to try IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). For months after my IVF no progressed and my situation became worse that my husband had already had plans or getting married to another woman because I was barren. I read a testimony about Prophet Abulele how he had helped so many women with pregnancy problems and also how he usually casts return spells to bring back partner and make one fertile. Of all options tried, I gave Prophet Abulele a try. I am now a mother of a baby boy. For over 13 years of my marriage I received my help from this spell caster. I want to impact on someone's life and make the person get help from a good spell caster. Prophet Abulele's email is:- prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and his WhatsApp is +2349022406159 once you contact him, he will help you fast.

    ReplyDelete








  2. i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346
























    hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matugunan ito malakas na spell caster na si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin ng mas mababa sa 48 oras, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A broken-hearted mom's plea to the American Academy of Pediatrics

FB post #1 (June 12, 2018)

Grief (FB Post)